The North Carolina State Firemen’s Association presents The South Atlantic FIRE RESCUE Expo BBQ Throwdown!
Jeff Woods, Harold Wagner and Scott Hackler will be kicking off the cooking event on Thursday evening, August 13th.
Come join Jeff, Harold and Scott as they call the cookers to gather and watch them deliver meat that will eventually become nearly 3,000 pounds of the best BBQ you have ever tasted.
Have a great time as you spend the night swapping stories and cooking pigs.
Expo attendees and the general public will have the opportunity to purchase BBQ from the contest during lunch on Friday, August 14th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm.
The proceeds from this event will go to the Ronald McDonald House of Durham.
OVERVIEW OF COOKING FOR THE BBQ THROWDOWN
- There is a $100.00 entry fee per team. We strongly encourage you to obtain a sponsor for your team, at a suggested cost of $250.00, payable to the North Carolina State Firemen’s Association. If you provide your own sponsor, the entry fee of $100 is waived.
- Obtaining a sponsor for your team will enable us to provide bigger prizes and larger trophies for cooking teams in the future.
- Cooking space is limited. No more than thirty (30) cooking teams will be allowed.
- Complete your application for 2015 as soon as possible.
- Only pork shoulders will be cooked in 2015. There is an optional rib contest just for fun.
Championship Team – $500 and trophy
2nd Place Team – $300 and trophy
3rd Place Team – $200 and trophy
4th Place Team – $100 and trophy
5th Place Team – $100 and trophy
A prize will also be awarded for the Best Decorated cooking spot!