Instructor: Billy Griffin
Saturday, August 13, 2016
9:00am – 12:00pm
Speed is often a factor in fire apparatus accidents. This emergency vehicle driving class places an emphasis on reducing speed during emergency responses. The presentation will describe ways to maintain and/or decrease response times in other ways other than increasing vehicle speed.
The class will include:
- A dissection of modern fire apparatus and how they react during emergency response.
- How speed amplifies the physical forces placed on the apparatus.
- How speed decreases the time a driver has to react to unexpected.
- Driver preparation for the fast response.
- Route planning and hazard avoidance.
- Speed and space management.